The Medina County Recycling Center offers residents a convenient place to dispose of their yard waste, old appliances, electronic equipment and much more.
News and Updates
(Scroll for more)
The Medina County Solid Waste Technical Advisory Commission (TAC) was convened to review reports and information associated with the disposal of solid waste in Medina County. In that effort, the TAC undertook a series of meetings and review of facts to achieve the goal of making a recommendation to the Solid Waste Policy Committee regarding future operations at the Medina County Central Processing Facility (CPF). Those meetings, report presentations, public comment and information sessions took place between October 3, 2013 and January 14, 2014.
- The Medina County Solid Waste Technical Advisory Committee asked for public input on our current solid waste and recycling practices and future direction. Thank you to all who completed the survey. We appreciate your valuable input on our current service and future direction.
- November 6, 2013
- Medina County is revisiting how we handle refuse disposal and recycling throughout the County. This is the first re-evaluation of the Solid Waste District's method of operation since it's inception 20 years ago. Reasons for the re-evaluation include making the last debt payment on the original facility in January of 2014, changes in solid waste law currently being considered by Ohio EPA, the end of the existing operations contract in January of 2015 and updating of the current Medina County Solid Waste Plan, now in the beginning of the 2 year process, as required by the Ohio EPA. The Solid Waste District hired G.T. Environmental to conduct a study on the operating options available to the District that would meet the mandates of the Ohio
EPA. The report is available for viewing on this web site. There will be a public comment period regarding this subject on November 18th at 7:00 pm at the Medina City Hall, 132 N. Elmwood
View the report here.
- October 7, 2013
- Medina County's contractor for TV recycling has informed us that they will no longer take TV's for recycling. Until another recycler can be found, all televisions will be disposed of at the landfill. Please do not place old televisions on the curb for pick up with your trash. Televisions must be delivered individually to the Central Processing Facility and not co-mingled with trash.
- October 7, 2013
- Due to current market conditions we no longer have a recycling company willing to take CRT computer monitors. As a result, we will need to dispose of the CRT monitors in the landfill until we can find another recycler. For the time being we will institute a $5 charge to dispose of all CRT monitors. LCD and LED monitors will continue to be recycled and will remain free of charge.
- District residents are encouraged to *NOT* use "No Rip" type garbage bags.
- Proper disposal of prescription drugs
- Information about the Abitibi news paper recycling containers
- Download our educational flier
January, 27 2014
Click event to view details